Saturday, March 24, 2007

Letter to McDonald's

Here is a letter I wrote to McDonald's after I found a hair in my burger.


McDonald's
2087 RT. 9, Cedar Square
Seaville, NJ
08230

To Whom It May Concern:


I have a "beef" with you. I would like to bring your attention to a shocking incident that occurred on Friday, January 24th, 2002. Let me back track here.

I am a hungry man. I work in the Seaville area and many times my hungriness is battled magnificently by your McDonalds. I am sorry to inform you that on Friday….McDonald's lost the battle and possible the war. After a long hard morning of work I was ridiculously hungry, so I took my break and drove over to your "clean" eatery. At the drive thru I placed my order for a double cheeseburger. Keeping it snugly in the bag, I waited till I got back to work to unravel the beefy warrior that would slay my man hunger.

I opened the wrapper, picked up the burger and my jaw opened wide. Unfortunately it didn't open to eat. It opened due to SHOCK. For that's when I saw it. A MASSIVE hair sticking out of the cheeseburger. At this point I'd like to say that I almost lost my lunch….but I had "nothing to lose." I lifted up the top of the bun and tugged on that hair. It was encased in melted cheese. I cannot explain enough how SICKENING this is. I quickly called over all my co-workers and showed this atrocity to them. One cried. Others were overheard to yell "I am NEVER eating at the Seaville McDonalds again!"

According to the McDonald's website, cheeseburgers (for me doubled) include:

"100% beef patty, bun, American cheese slice, ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, salt, pepper."

Nowhere on that list do I see a massive hair. Pickles….yes. But no mention of hair. Was this some kind of sick joke?? I am not laughing.

Thanks to this incident my lunch break was ruined and I had to work the rest of the day UNGODLY hungry. Between all my co-workers and me , we spend an enormous amount of Mcmoney at your McDonald's. Those days are OVER. Luckily for us there is a Wendy's down the road where they know how to create SANITARY food. I don't want to get any employee in trouble, however I suggest you do something to fix the way your restaurant is run and "clean" up your act. Please get back to me on this hairy situation. Also, I have taped the hair in question to the bottom of this page.

Sincerely,

ME

No comments: