Saturday, March 24, 2007

Letter to KMART

I wrote this letter to K-Mart....and yes, I really did include the pictures.

CEO Julian C. Day
Kmart Headquarters
3100 W. Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI
48084

Dear Julian,

Attention Kmart CEO's, there is currently a situation "brewing" at your Somers Point shopping megaplex. The name is Jimmy Sprinkles, but you can call me….anytime. Recently I stopped by your Somers Point store to buy a popcorn tin. It was the one with pictures of kittens playing with yarn. I was happy with all of the kittens, except the brownish one, who wasn't adorable enough for me. But lets get down to "fizz-ness"….

As I was leaving your store {:*( }I saw two soda or "sody" machines. They each had a massive white sticker on the corner that read "1.00." I reached into my pocket and pulled out a shinny new dollar bill. I quickly rushed inside to the cashier, slapped that dollar on the counter and told the cashier that I wanted to buy that Coke machine outside and here is the dollar. She laughed in my face. So then I said, "fine, I'll take the Pepsi machine instead." More laughs ensued at my expense. Embarrassed and angry I grabbed my kitten popcorn tin and stormed out of your store as tears rolled down my face.

Why couldn't I buy that Coke machine for a dollar as advertised? The sticker on it clearly let me know what the price was, however your store failed to honor it. The lady said that price was only for individual sodas, yet it was the MACHINE that was labeled. Now…would I buy a kitten popcorn tin and expect to pay the sticker price for just ONE kernal? I don't think so. MEOW. Your store used deceitful and ill hearted tactics.

I have enclosed several pictures for evidence. One is of me looking at the 1.00 sign with a very big confused look on my face. The second is of me holding a dollar while pointing to the sign looking very angry. The third is of me grabbing the Coke machine and looking very STUNNED. The fourth is a picture of me at the Grand Canyon when I was 6 and there is mustard all over my face. I included this because I looked adorable. Please take care of this situation so I know when I can pick up my soda machine and give you a dollar. (tax?)

Sincerely,
ME

No comments: